Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Upcoming Events
Sept. 28th- Advanced Academics Program Information Night, virtual, 6:00 pm
Sept. 30th – Back to School Family Literacy Night, virtual, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Oct 5th – PTA Fall Fun Fest – Signal Hill Neighborhood, Marshall House Ct., 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Oct 11th – Indigenous Peoples’ Day/Student Holiday - School Planning Day
Oct 19th & 20th – PTA Spirit Days – Spartan’s Family Restaurant, Curbside & Carryout all dayAdvanced Academics Services (AAP) and Screening Information Session (Virtual Meeting)
If you would like to learn more about Advanced Academics at Ravensworth, along with information about the screening process, please join us for:
An Overview of Advanced Academics Services and Screening Information Session!
Tuesday, September 28th at 6PM
This session will be split into 2 parts, each followed by a Q&A:
- 6:00 PM: General information about AAP Levels of Service
- 6:20 PM: Level IV Screening Information
Please refer to the email message sent from Ravensworth on Tuesday, September 21st regarding login information.Kiss and Ride
Thank you for your patience with last week’s torrential rains. Going forward, we have reassessed how to keep students socially distanced and safe inside the building while waiting for Kiss and Ride. There is a plan to hold students safely in the hallways, closer to their exit and get them to vehicles in a quick manner.Health Department Communication Update
The Fairfax County Health Department announced a change in their communication process for students waiting for COVID-19 contact interviews. You may read about these changes on the FCHD website. You may also wish you review the FCHD FAQs for parents of school-aged children. We appreciate the continued partnership between FCPS and FCHD.
Health Information and Emergency Care Forms
The Health Information Form (HIF) (SS/SE -71) Health Information Form and the Emergency Care Information form (SS/SE-3) Emergency Care Information provide valuable information regarding student health conditions. These forms are critical in the early identification of students who may need healthcare support in the educational environment. Along with the development of Healthcare Plans (HCP) and Action Plans, the Public Health Nurses (PHNs) utilize the information contained in the HIF to develop teaching strategies for FCPS staff in order to meet the requirements of Regulation 2104 Health Services-School Health Related Needs.
For SY 21-22, these forms will be required for all students. Parents/guardians may submit these forms either through electronic submission accessed within the weCare@school (weCare) module; or through Back to School packets for those families without ParentVue accounts.
PTA News PTA Fall Fun Fest – October 5th
Join us in the Signal Hill Neighborhood on Marshall House Court (cul-de-sac) from 6:00 - 8:00 pm for fun games for the kids, plus free s'mores for all and food for sale from the Little Lady Grill food truck (littleladygrill.com) and Kim's Breads (cinnamon/pumpkin bread bites/mini bundts from Ravensworth's very own Kim McAleer). Celebrate fall with friends -- Spirit Wear will also be available for sale at the event!
*Parking available on Marshall House Ct., Lake Braddock Dr. and surrounding streets
*PTA/SCA School Supplies for Afghan Refugees also collected at the event
*Sign up to volunteer at the Fun Fest here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090C4BACAB23A20-ptafallPTA/SCA Collecting School Supplies for Afghan Refugees
The Ravensworth SCA (Student Council Association) and PTA are working to donate school supplies to Afghan Refugees in grades K-7 as an act of kindness and teaching kindness to others. If your family would like to donate, please drop off any of the items listed below into one of our SCA boxes located in the front lobby.
Items for donation…dry erase markers, crayons, colored markers, playdoh, glue sticks, composition notebooks, tissues, pencil pouch, three prong folders, pencils, erasers, 1 box quart bags and/or gallon bags, scissors, highlighters, one inch binder, pink erasers, ruler, wide ruled notebook paper and/or loose-leaf paper, pocket folders, pencils, colored pencils, 3 x 5 index cards, scotch tape, pencil sharpener, three subject spiral notebook.
Ravensworth Chess Club – Register by Sept 22nd
The Ravensworth Chess Club is back in person this year with new instructors, a new format, and more fun! The club will meet every Monday from 3:30 to 4:50 p.m. in the cafeteria starting Sept. 27 and is open to grades 2-6. No chess experience necessary. Chess teaches valuable skills such as discipline, critical thinking and sportsmanship. Register by Sept. 22 at https://chessctr.org/ravensworth. Contact Laurie Vergott at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Do you have a student interested in the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Girl Scouts?
Both the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts have a pack/troop at our school.
- Girl Scouts - Interested in Girl Scouts at Ravensworth? Join them on 9/29 at 7 pm virtually to learn more about Girl Scouts at Ravensworth ES. You can join the Zoom meeting through this link: https://zoom.us/j/96775617716 (Meeting ID: 967 7561 7716, Passcode: 984995). They have over 10 kindergarten families that would like to get a Daisy troop started at the school and they are looking for at least two adults to help co-lead the troop. We hope to see you there with your questions and learn more about our wonderful program for girls. Please contact Michele Randall, email@example.com or call/text: 703-372-4352 with any questions.
- Cub Scout Pack 991 is open to rising Kindergartners through 5th Graders and their first meeting of the year will be on September 13th in the Ravensworth cafeteria. This pack is open to both boys and girls. The pack meets monthly on Monday nights at 6:30 PM and organizes two family campouts each year. Kids learn new skills and participate in fun activities like hiking, relay races, and designing their own cars in the annual Pinewood Derby race. For more information, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boy Scout Troop 991 is open to boys 10-18 (6th grade and up). They typically meet most Wednesday evenings 7-8:30pm at the Community of Christ Church in Ravensworth (5610 Inverchapel Rd). We are a boy led, active troop that camps most months. For more information please contact Scoutmaster Bill Thewes at William.Thewes@gmail.com.
Cub Scout Pack 991 and Boy Scout Troop 991 are chartered by the Ravensworth PTA. Girl Scout Troops do not require a charter to operate.
New Spirit Wear Available
Check out the PTA MemberHub website at https://ravensworth.new.memberhub.store – you can join the PTA and purchase Spirit Wear all in one spot. We have exciting new Spirit Wear items (youth and adult sizes), with limited inventory of items from years past. Contact Dori Sophia at email@example.com if you have any questions. Show your school spirit today!
Follow Ravensworth on Social Media
Are you connected to Ravensworth Elementary School and the Ravensworth PTA on Social Media? The PTA’s Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/ravensworthelementarypta and the school’s accounts are https://www.facebook.com/RavensworthElementary and https://twitter.com/RavensworthES